Wednesday, May 7, 2008

23 and done

As I have said many times in the post on this blog: "This has been a time consuming challenge for me." YES, I did enjoy the process and do feel that I have learned many new skills. I think some I will continue but others probably not.
I am going to say that youtube is probably one of the items I will not use. I must say it was fun to search and watch some of the items that have been video, but I do not see the need. I did like the instructional ipod videos that where attached to the challenges. They where of great help in the confusing process of some of the items. I still am confused about the use of flickr, especially in loading pictures on a blog site. I hope to figure this out because I do intend to KEEP on Blogging. My family is interested in doing a page so we can share photos with family members from out of state.

Beside the picture idea, I think the next hardest part was ListenNJ since I have not been able to download a book. I have been told that it really is not that hard; how ever, in reading the directions I am not sure I would be in agreement. I mentioned this problem in an early post. I hope this does not completely screw me up. I promise I have tried.

I was impressed with librarything and do intend to do more in this area. I do hope that the library can use some of this technology to enhance our on-line catalogue. I also think that the committee should be using some of the databases (like the wiki) that can be edited for their notes and meeting planning. I feel that our library in general, is doing a good job in keeping up with the new technology. I know we are limited by the scope of the company's we use. We have to keep up to with the trends and we have to keep training our staff to train the public.

No comments: