Thursday, May 1, 2008

web 2.0 awards

We could spend hours in these award sites. I found this challenge fascinating. Who knew? So many places, so few hours. I guess it is good that someone in Web land is monitoring sites, ranking and watching tags. Was very interesting to search our site in the page strength area. we rated a 3 out of 10 which did not sound to good; however there where other catagories that it seemed the page did better.
In the challenge, we where asked to visit Pandora and Color Blender. I had a good time in color blender. Think this site might be useful in many ways. It was just fun looking at all the different colors blends that one would normally not think to put together. Padora, the music site did not peak my interest because I am not that addicted to music. Think it would be neat if you wanted music on your home compt or on an ipod phone situation. The concept of choosing, editing etc. your type of music was interesting.

In the awards was a catagory called Mashups containing an interesting site called Ning.com, which seems to be another group of networking sites. I even found a group for crafts, dancing and dating. These sites should cover all my bases, if I ever get time to go back and visit.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

I know my blog doesn't really show it right now, but I LOVE crafts :) I'll try any craft at least once. (sewing, knitting, crochet, clay, wire, beads, flowers, cross stich, latch hook rug, photography, etc.) right now i'm really into knitting and I'm starting a quilt. what kinds of crafts do you like?