Friday, April 11, 2008

Worldcat

The staff is having a big debate on world cat-to use or not to use. I think the answer is again the time frame. I found the database easy to use and to find the locations. Will a customer be willing to drive somewhere to retrieve a book? That might be the question. I am still divided in the question of a customer actually using this database. Worldcat would be useful for filling out the form for those who are computer savy.
I look us "A history of Monmouth and Ocean Counties:" published in 1890. There where suppose to be 144 locations with this book but I found very hard to actually locate the book within the different sites that I was linked to.
I looked at the book "Three cups of tea" I found the sumary, description ,subjects and reviews. This was useful and the source found the locations available.

No comments: